Saturday, June 16, 2012

Reflection from the one responsible for this assignment....

"Achievement brings its own anticlimax." Maya Angelou

I was sitting on the bus last night as we were coming into Amsterdam thinking about this class being done. It's a surreal feeling--and while a great achievement--it is a little bit of a letdown. I know all good things must come to an end, but I'm not ready for Class VIII to be done.

I was telling some of the class last night at the bar (where we congregated for one last time) that I was hesitant at the beginning of Class VIII, I had such great experiences with Class VI and VII that I was worried my luck might have run out--but it certainly didn't. Class VIII has been a joy and privilege to work with through these past two years. Again, I wish it weren't over.

Thank you to the class members, their families and coworkers who supported them and to Janice, Avery and Christy.

I don't use this word often--but it's the only one appropriate--I'm blessed to be a part of Class VIII. I know Florida agriculture will benefit from the great things they will do.

No comments: