I'm sure when I announced the three countries that Class IX was going to visit on their international trip that there may have been some disappointment about Peru--but after spending five days here--I think everyone has been pleasantly surprised. The people, the food, the natural beauty have been unforgettable. And while there is poverty and there are issues--Peru seems prosperous and is an amazing place to visit. Today we got a chance to see the changing of the guards in front of the presidential palace.
The class is doing amazingly well. Technology certainly has changed in the ten+ years I've been doing these trips. Everyone is face timing, emailing, texting and connecting with people back home every free moment they can. It's been fun to see and makes the time away a bit easier when you're connected to home.
We leave for Chile in the morning--soon we'll be gone a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment