We have made it to Shanghai! While the trip was very long, it was uneventful. The new official airline of the WLI is Japanese airlines, their customer service is excellent! Unfortunately Armando's luggage did not make the trip as successfully and we are in hopes it will find us in Beijing.
The one thing I didn't count on was the Chinese government shutting down blogging, but they have. So I apologize, there probably won't be as many posts as I would like as I'm going to have to email my posts back to the states and have someone put them up on the blog.
Know that everyone is in good spirits and enjoying their first full day in China. Its certainly a very different part of the world and we feel fortunate to experience a little of it.
3 comments:
Dear Class VII spouses/significant others:
According to Hannah's latest blog, it appears she may not have access to blogging while in China. Please know that if she sends me emails, I will make sure I send them out immediately to the Class VII listserv. If you do not have access to your spouse/significant others email, please send me your email address and I will make sure you are copied on it. My email is jebarner@ufl.edu.
Hey group, what happened to Game 1 of the NBA finals. ;) One down, three more to go. Sorry all you Magic fans.
Janice
Let's see the photos:
The Oriental Pearl TV Tower in Shanghai at 468 meters high (1,536 feet) is the world's third tallest TV and radio tower surpassed in height only by towers in Toronto and Moscow. The Hancock Center in Chicago is 1,127 feet and 344 meters tall. The pearl at the very top of the tower contains shops, restaurants, (including a rotating restaurant) and a sightseeing floor.
Armando said that there was only 1 computer in the business center and it was slow and there was always a line, I'm guessing getting pictures from them will be slow. I've asked him to try to send something and if he does, I'll pass it on to Janice so she can send to everyone or get it on the blog.
Post a Comment