
I just spent over an hour and a half scouring the Oaks Mall for an acceptable outfit for our Wednesday night reception. To my horror, Dillards was all out of white linen suits and shiny lavender tee shirts. Supprisingly, they did have double-breasted pinstriped suits, but the lapels were nowhere near wide enough...
Does anyone know where this panhandle boy might find some attire suitable for a proper Miami chic reception? I really don't want to look out of place.
Seriously though, it does bother me a little that I'm going to have to buy a whole new outfit for one reception. But I'll try to look on the bright side...at least I won't have to buy socks...
Does anyone know where this panhandle boy might find some attire suitable for a proper Miami chic reception? I really don't want to look out of place.
Seriously though, it does bother me a little that I'm going to have to buy a whole new outfit for one reception. But I'll try to look on the bright side...at least I won't have to buy socks...
2 comments:
I just went with the Jim Carrey look from the movie The Mask. I think the bright green mask is a bit much, but hey, you have to fit in to the Miami Chic style. Maybe cowboy boots, chaps, and a pair of bright green t-backs would get the job done. Is that in the dress code section of the WLIANR book?
You guys made me laugh. (Sean, I couldn't get your video to play, but I just watched The Mask this weekend on TV.) I have to admit that I e-mailed a friend of mine who's the fashion editor at The Orlando Sentinel to get a definition of "Miami chic." And I have yet to go shopping, but it's on my list. I'm sure we'll all clean up quite nicely!
Post a Comment