Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Missing Miami



As much as I hate to miss Session II, all in all I have to say it's worth it. Just look at that beautiful boy!

Owen Thomas Basford was born last Friday morning, and my plan was to try to tear myself from my newly increased familial unit and join my classmates in South Florida when I could (true Wedgworth dedication).

Well, you know how plans can go...

Owen and the North Florida Regional Medical Prison (just kidding, it is truly a wonderful place) had other plans. Everything is fine...Owen is very healthy, he just seems to be very fond of a little extra oxygen. He has been in the special care nursery since Friday and we have been hoping every day that the next one would be the day we could take him home. One day, tomorrow will eventually get here...it HAS to! (or at least that's what I keep telling myself...)

Anyway, I just wanted to let you, my classmates know I was thinking about you and wish I could be with you all. I know I'm missing a lot, and I'll depend on some of you to help get me back on track.




Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

No comments: