Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dr. Daryll Ray's Ag Policy Blog

Dear Class VII,
I subscribe to a weekly publication from The University of Tennessee's Ag Policy Analysis Center (APAC). Dr. Daryll Ray usually writes on global ag policy, the commodity markets or most recent the Farm Bill but the weekly email I read this evening was very different than usual. To me it represents the basis and foundation of what we are tasked with doing and learning in the Wedgworth Program. I challenge each one you you to take time out of your busy day and read what he has written. Afterwards think about what we experienced in Miami and what we are planning to experience in the months to come. Look at the difference a group of leaders like us can make when we get together and fight for a cause using creative capitalism. Maybe even the latest cause of the IFAS budget cuts. Please read what Dr. Ray has written and take it to heart and maybe even think about subscribing to Dr. Ray's weekly article. I'll give you a hint its about the worlds richest computer geek, Bill Gates and his latest comments at the Davos World Economic Forum in Switzerland.
The link to the most recent article is:

http://www.agpolicy.org/weekcol/391.html

Respectfully,
Clay Archey

No comments: