Flipping through the TV tonight I stumbled across this program "Naked China". In the overwhelming barrage of China content leading up to 08.08.08, I feel like I'm hearing a lot of the same stuff. This program seemed to take a little bit different prospective and do more "man on the street" kind of interviews.
The site where you can get all the video content is http://current.com/topics/88822459_naked_china
One of the videos that stood out to me dealt with the utter lack of freedom that the Chinese face, specifically religious freedom in this case. Another one talked about a government crackdown on spitting, and another showed the vast disparity between the working and middle classes.
After watching that I felt like breaking into a cheesy yet heartfelt, full-on Lee Greenwood impersonating chorus of "I'm proud to be an American".
Here is the Chinese Christian video...
Take it or leave it. I just thought it was noteworthy.
I hope everything is going well with you guys!
2 comments:
We have a similar thing going on in Cuba. Both countries are giving change. China has KFC, Starbucks, etc., and Cuba does not but are opening up from within. China does have a strong hand of what goes on. I am looking forward to see the changes that will occur a year from now after the Olympics is said and done.
Post a Comment