
Meetings are top of mind for me today. I have just finished the three day Farm Bureau Pentathlon. The events included an energy task force meeting, the Farm Bureau Board of Directors meeting, the Farm Bureau Council of Presidents, an Ag Policy staff meeting and a policy breifing meeting with President Hoblick.
You have all been competiors in the same grueling game and have probably shared some of the same frustrations. I think we've all been there.
It just so happens that during a 10 minute commute (between meetings of course) I plugged in my handy dandy iPod and listened to a new podcast that I had just subscribed to called the "Get-It-Done Guy’s Quick and Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More". The topic just so happened to be...MEETINGS!
The "Get-It-Done Guy" (not to be confused with Larry the Cable Guy) had some great insights and I felt obligated to share. So here you go...http://getitdone.quickanddirtytips.com/getitdone-meeting-madness.aspx
You can download the podcast or just read the transcript. I have already emailed it to everyone in my department and naively expect results.
I guess we can all have our dreams. Some dream of gold medals...I dream of a world with no needless meetings.
1 comment:
Wouldn't it be great to have no meetings?
I'm planning several sequels to "Meeting Madness" that will go over ways to optimize meetings once you're in them.
If anyone calls in a question about the topic to 866-WRK-LESS (hint, hint) I may even do an episode about how you can "back-lead" a meeting. That way, if the meeting facilitator is clueless, the meeting will still run smoothly for you.
Cheers, Stever Robbins, host of The Get-It-Done Guy
Post a Comment